Snow Closings and Delay Policy
The following policy applies to all of our children. Beth Shalom ELC delays and closings are made on an individual, case-by-case basis and take into consideration the following:
- Road conditions and significant weather that impacts roads/travel
- Accessibility of our school to families and staff
- Delays and closings of surrounding universities and school districts
Remember that a “safety first” approach should always be your first consideration regarding inclement weather and your decision as to whether or not to attempt to get to school.
Beth Shalom reserves the right to modify programming in order to meet State, NAEYC, and Keystone requirements.
Notification of Delays/Closings
Every effort will be made to notify families by 6 a.m. the day of the delay or closing. When delayed, Beth Shalom will make every effort to remain open for the rest of the day, however it is the responsibility of families to check for any change status from “delayed” to “closed.” All delays and/or closings will be broadcast in the following way:
- Outgoing phone message of Beth Shalom Early Learning Center (412-421-8857)
- Outgoing Constant Contact to Families.
A two-hour delay means the Early Learning Center will open at 10 am We do not close for cold weather.